Social Media Etiquette
Dear Users and Readers,
The brands of the E3 Group support companies in creating a perfect brand identity. We help our clients inspire their customers – such as during a visit to a trade fair booth or showroom. That might just be you!
So we want our social media channels to be a platform where we can engage with you in lively, interesting, and enriching dialog. We value your ideas, praise, and critique. To help us ensure meaningful discussion, we ask that you follow the rules below:
- Relevance: When you write a response, please make your comments relevant to the specific content of our post, or relevant to the specific topic of the discussion you wish to take part in. The further your post moves away from the original topic, the more likely it is that we will remove it.
- German or English as the posting language: Please post only in German or English to ensure as many people as possible can follow the discussions.
- Respectful interaction: Please treat other users, the people mentioned in the posts, and the employees of the E3 Group and its subsidiaries with respect and consideration. Avoid hostility. Be careful not to belittle or ridicule anyone. Refrain from distorting names or making derogatory remarks about how someone looks. Verbal abuse, threats, insults, and statements that damage another person’s reputation or business are not acceptable.
- User name = real name: Please use your real name as your user name (first and last name).
- Objective argumentation: Substantiate your opinion with verifiable reasons, and indicate your sources. Deal with the other users’ arguments on an objective level. Please refrain from making unverifiable allegations or suspicions. Constructive criticism is welcome if it is respectful and objective and based on specific points.
- Compliance with laws and legal requirements: Please make sure you are upholding the law and legal requirements when wording your posts. For example, refrain from making any statements that could be considered slander, libel, or incitement to hatred. We will also remove any content that violates or could violate copyrights or other third-party rights (such as rights to one’s own image).
- Quoting correctly: Please always mention the author and source when you quote someone else’s text passages.
- No discriminating or defaming: Racist, sexist, misogynistic, homophobic, anti-Semitic, and other misanthropic posts that universally condemn or denigrate groups of people are not permitted. As the author, it is your responsibility to ensure your post does not give rise to such interpretations.
- Appropriate language: Please write your posts using generally understandable style and language. Swear words, crude language, and expressions that are coarse, ambiguous, and/or obscene are not allowed. Content that may be unsuitable for or offensive to minors will not be tolerated.
- No disrupting the discussion: Please refrain from spamming (several posts with the same or similar content) and flooding (overwhelming the dialog with a large number of posts).
- No advertising: Please refrain from posting advertisements and other promotional content.
- No linking: Please refrain from posting links to websites outside our social media channels. In the event that such content is nevertheless published, the E3 Group expressly dissociates itself from the content of the websites linked and does not adopt such content as its own.
- No personal data: Please do not disclose any personal information about third parties, such as their name, address, or telephone number, or details of other people’s private lives.
- Ultimate responsibility of the operator: As the operator of our social media channels, we will not tolerate the violation of the above guidelines and therefore reserve the right to remove comments at any time and, if necessary, without giving reasons. In visiting our social media channels, you acknowledge these guidelines.